There is a network of local bus routes that service the coastal communities. These routes can provide the visitor with a relaxed way of exploring the Banffshire Coast. Full information on bus times and routes can be found at:
- www. stagecoachbus. com or by calling Traveline: 0871 200 2233
The Banffshire Coast is on the Sustrans National Cycle Network, and includes some designated traffic-free sections. In addition, many of the quiet side roads are perfect for the cyclist and can provide a relaxing way of exploring the area. Full details and maps can be found at:
- www.sustrans.org or by calling: Sustrans Information Line: 0845 113 0065
One of the best ways to appreciate our stunning coastline is by boat. Several local companies provide a variety of wildlife cruises to view whales, dolphins and puffins. Further information can be obtained by contacting the following companies:
- Explorer BF21, Gardenstown: 07805 924834; email@example.com; www.facebook.com/explorerbf21
- Guide Charters and Cruises, Macduff: 07910 132686; firstname.lastname@example.org; www.guidechartercruises.co.uk
- Puffin Cruises. Macduff: 01261 832 425; 07900 920445; email@example.com ; www.puffincruises.com
Motor Caravanners' Guide to Banff and Macduff
There are many parking areas suitable for motorcaravans in Banff and Macduff, although no specifically marked spaces. For full information, please click here.
People with disabilities will find they are well catered for in our area. Many of the Banffshire Coast partners have accommodation suitable for people with disabilities or will be happy to recommend alternatives where necessary. Disabled facilities are also available at many of our local attractions.